- Establish the policies necessary to help the editorial process of journal Editors, especially those related to the independence of Editors, research ethics, authorship, transparency and integrity, peer review process, role of editorial team, appeals and complains;
- Publicize the journal policies to all the parties involved in the editorial process;
- Assess and revise the journal policies regularly to include potential new developments and recommendations from COPE;
- Follow COPE’s Code of Conduct for Editors and the COPE Best Practice Guidelines;
- Advocate for the integrity of the academic record and article publications;
- Support any parties (for example, governing bodies, institutions or grant funders) that are responsible with the examination of suspected research and misconduct in the publication process and, when it is possible, help with the in the settlement of these cases;
- Publish any necessary corrections, clarifications and retractions related to the published articles;
- Publish the academic content in a prompt manner.
We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions.
Expert Journals will aim to set high editorial standards and follow the guidelines of COPE, the Committee on Publication Ethics.
We aim to work closely with other institutions, companies, libraries, indexing and abstracting services that will promote our journals to new audiences and will enhance the published articles of our Authors.
For all of our journals, we reaffirm our commitment for publishing high-quality academic articles, by promoting comprehensive peer-reviews and plagiarism detection to support the integrity of the academic publishing model.
In addition, Expert Journals will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful to editors. Finally, we are working closely with other publishers and industry associations to set standards for best practices on ethical matters, errors and retractions–and are prepared to provide specialized legal review and counsel if necessary.